The big question for the horse racing industry collectively right now.. will we be back racing on May 1st.
There’s factors both for and against at play let’s take a look..
- Industry faces critical damage or total collapse without immediate return to racing
- Government’s Covid-19 prevention and management requirements can be met
- Valued contribution to the economy in terms of employment, turnover and tax
- Sports events will remain prohibited in May
- Number of people required on course for racing purposes may be too high